Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chosen

Blake and I spent the evening Christmas shopping for each other and our families.

While walking through Macy's I experienced something very familiar...insecurity. I never realized there were so many make-up and perfume counters at the front of the store until tonight. Their attempt at defining the modern-day woman is absolutely astounding.

I imagined what the saleswomen thought of me as I walked by in my frumpy clothes and modest makeup, cubic zirconia earrings, and cheap purse.

But, as I walked the aisle of insecurity, the word of God spoke.

Isaiah 41:9 I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, "You are my servant." For I have chosen you and will not throw you away.

I have been chosen by the King. And I will draw my affirmation from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment