Thursday, December 9, 2010

Beginning again...

It's been 4 months since my last update...and I have said this before, but I think it's time to get serious. I want to turn this blog into something more...

Lately, I have re-encountered the integration of the Word and worship and how the two should be linked. Inside Out Worship: Insights for Passionate and Purposeful Worship by Matt Redman and Friends has been instrumental in bringing new light to this journey of mine. Louie Giglio writes, "Worship and the Word are inseparable. As worshippers and lead worshippers, we must continually link our lives to the living Word of God, both to nourish our souls and to fee our flocks. Worship does not begin with music, but with God. Songs alone don't change people. It's the truth that sets us free. If we're not careful, we can quickly inhale the feelings and emotions we experience in corporate worship, only to go away with little lasting and substantive change in our souls."

So, you see, the purpose of my blog, has taken on new meaning for me. As a challenge to myself, I am embarking on a new journey of memorization of God's promises from His Word. I want to use my blog to let others on this thing of digging into God's Word. Even more appealing to me, is the discipline that this will create in my life by being in the Word every day.

My prayer is that I will seek God with all my heart in this. I know and believe that when we seek God with ALL our hearts, we find Him. As desperate as I am to find Him, He is chasing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment