Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Updates and Tidbits

A little update...
The time has come to leave our very first home - the cute, microscopic apartment that we have lived in for over a year now, and move into a real house. We are very excited about moving to the northside of Goshen, Indiana. We will have a crazy next week and a half or so...we have been packing up our things and making arrangements to get larger vehicles and friends lined up to help us move everything. WOO! We can't wait!

A little tidbit...
Tonight, I am praising the Lord, Creator of the Universe for loving me. I have been in a dry season for the past several months and have really felt far from the Lord. I have felt like He was not listening and didn't care...but He lifted me out. I have been hearing Revelation Song by Phillips, Craig and Dean on the radio. It really never phased me or hit me until I recently saw a video of the song on CCLI.com, a resource used by worship leaders, performed by Kari Jobe. The picture of the song on CCLI TV was so powerful to me. Revelation Song gives a vivid picture of God's people worshipping him in heaven as He sits on His throne.

It's not about me - worship was not made for me. Worship was created by God and for God.

So many times I completely let that idea pass me by. I am so focused on what I can get, how I sound singing, how the person beside me is worshipping, or just singing empty words. Revelation Song brought the rain of the Holy Spirit on my heart. It watered my soul and quenched my thirsty spirit. I serve a HOLY God, who stepped down from His throne above to know me and pursue me.

holy, Holy HOLY! is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing, praise to the King of Kings
YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING, and I will ADORE You.

In each season, I am so amazed at the way that God works in my life and teaches me something new and fresh. My God never fails or gives up on me...even when I have long grown weary waiting on His voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment