Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our Journey Thus Far...

By now, we have been married almost a year and a half...so I thought I needed to do what everybody's doing --- start a blog. Let me update you on our what, where, how, etc...

Blake and I are living in Nappanee, IN, where I have lived all of my life, in a small apartment in the second story of an old house by a scary, run-down factory. Blake is currently in school at Indiana University to become a nurse. He has about two years left. He is also working at Memorial Hospital in South Bend as a unit assistant in their Level 2 Trauma Center. I am working in Goshen as the Branch Office Administrator for Renee Drake, a financial advisor with Edward Jones.

I have been leading worship for Senior High youth and we will have our kickoff the beginning of September! I am very excited about this worship mentoring/coaching...and can't wait to see what God has for the students this year. I am always challenged and walk away having learned much more than I feel I have taught.

We are getting ready to move to Goshen into a house that we will rent from some of our friends from church. We are very excited to be in a new place...well, sort of new...and be a little bit more on our own. We will also have much more room to entertain!!! So come on up to G-town!!

Beyond things that we are doing...we have a dog, Dozer, who is a pug/beagle mix. He is quite the dog...we aren't really sure if he's a real dog or demon-possessed, but we love him anyway...he keeps me entertained and exercised. :)

Blake and I are working hard to keep the post-wedding weight off...I have actually lost 15 pounds and I'm pretty sure that Blake has lost a little bit of weight and is getting RIPPED!!!

We are definitely enjoying this season of life and can't wait to see what's next...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new house you guys! :) Great to hear your updates, I miss you! I have a blog too, if you wanna follow! love you Jess!

    Dani
    http://daniellerupp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete