Tuesday, December 6, 2011

details...very tiny ones

We have made it to the time and place where Blake and Jess start a family. Minor detail...things don't always just go as planned...and that is definitely the case for us. So, I guess you could say we are working on a baby...

In the midst of this journey (sometimes difficult, exciting and overall, sort of like a roller coaster), I have found that although situations in life may bring constant suspense, I have constant certainty that my future is decided and taken care. I have written down ten verses for myself to memorize and claim during this time.

The other night, I came home from work to find Blake getting ready for work and trying to multi-task. We were supposed to be getting an internet set-up kit via UPS that night and it hadn't come. He was making the appropriate phone calls to see what was happening. When he didn't get the answers he wanted, we decided that we'd just eat dinner and go on with life as normal. Although, he didn't really like that idea, he tried his best to concentrate on getting ready for work. He had to leave for work around 6:30, and I was going to Bible study shortly after that time. Blake was concerned that no one would be home to gather up the package when it was delivered, IF it was delivered. He spent his last 15 minutes at home that night, looking out the window every few minutes to see if the UPS truck had pulled into our apartment complex yet. Finally, discouraged, he gave up and picked up his bags and headed for the door.

Before he left, he turned and said, "Hey, I read about Abram and Sarai this morning in my devotions. They really prayed expectantly for a child. I was really encouraged by that." I agreed and told him about my verses that I was working on memorizing. I quoted my verse of the week for him.

Psalm 37:23-24 The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in EVERY DETAIL of their lives. Though they may stumble, they will never fall because the Lord holds them by the hand.

He encouraged me, said goodbye and left for work.

I needed to put some gas in the car before Bible study, so I decided to get ready and head out the door. I took my time getting reading and picked up the house a little bit. In no hurry at all, I headed out our front door into the rain and walked right in front of headlights of a large truck. At once, I realized what this meant -- the internet set-up kit had arrived!!! It was almost like Christmas day.

I walked back into our building, met the UPS delivery man in the doorway, signed for the package and put it inside the door of our apartment. I locked up our apartment and headed back into the night.

I didn't get but two steps out of my front door when I realized the sheer hilarity of the situation. It was like God swooped down, put the UPS delivery truck in my driveway that night and said, "Yes, Jessica, I do DELIGHT in EVERY DETAIL of your life...even something as silly and small as internet."

I laughed to myself and hopped in my car. With tears in my eyes, I laughed the whole way to the gas station, laughed as I pumped gas and the entire way to Bible study.

Thank you, Lord, for Your promise that you direct my steps and you delight yourself in every detail of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment